5 Reasons to Take Group Fitness Classes
Are you missing out on the benefits of group fitness classes? At Nautilus Plus OC, we have carefully chosen and designed classes that are fun, modifiable, and a great workout! Whether you’re looking for something that’s high-intensity or prefer a less intense class, we have a range of classes designed for all ability levels.
1. Motivation: It can be hard to stay motivated when you’re working out on your own in the gym. With a group class, there is an instructor that is leading you through the movements, pumping you up, and making the time fly by.
2. Scheduling: The beauty of having a scheduled class time is that is creates accountability just like a work appointment or meeting. When you know that you have to get to class by 6:00 PM, you can plan your day around that time-frame and have fewer excuses to skip the gym.
3. Professional Trainer/Coach: All of our classes are run by instructors that are certified in their respective areas. That means that you get many of the benefits of working with a trainer, but without the cost of 1-on-1 training. Our instructors are friendly, experienced, and helpful. They are happy to answer questions, show you movements you may have missed, and more!
4. It’s More Fun to Sweat with Friends: It’s a fact – Sweating with friends is 150% more fun. Okay, that might not be a scientific fact, but just trust us! Taking a class like Zumba, where you can dance and be silly with friends, is just as good for the soul as is it for the body. Since the first class is free, inviting your non-member friends to a group class is a great way to get them into the gym.
5. Change is Good: While consistency is key to hitting your fitness goals, so is change. Your body will adapt and get used to the same routine, and it’s beneficial to change it up. You don’t have to stop running or quit your lifting program, but consider adding in a weekly yoga class for recovery or CrossFit to boost your intensity.
Whether you're brand new to the gym, or have been a member for years, you should give group fitness classes a chance. Your first time in every class is free, and all of our water classes are included in your membership. Now that you know you want to take a group class, it’s time to decide which one is right for you. Take a look at our class descriptions below and then head to class! You can just drop in – signing up beforehand is not required.
A fusion of Yoga inspired movements using light dumbbells and strength training.
Dance to great music, with great people, and burn a ton of calories without even realizing it!
A high-intensity workout that combines strength training, cardio, and mobility work.
An ancient middle eastern discipline, a part of which, including breath control, simple meditation, and the adoption of specific bodily postures, is widely practiced for health, strength, flexibility and relaxation.
Water walking offers several benefits over taking your typical stroll on land. The water provides resistance, making your muscles work harder to move forward. At the same time, it provides buoyancy, helping reduce strain to your joints.
A low-impact form of resistance training done in a swimming pool.
We want to know - what is your favorite group fitness class?